News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

FreePgs FAQ

Started by Ben, December 02, 2005, 06:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Here is my list of some of the most frequently asked questions about anything on FreePgs. It's currently a work in progress, so check back often.

General Questions

1. I changed my username, but my url didn't change. Why?
A. Currently, you have to manually request that your url be changed to match your new username.

2. I accidentally chmod'ed my files wrong, and I can't chmod them back through ftp! How can I fix this?
A. You can use the online file manager to change these files, or request they be chmod via the contact form. If it's only a few files, it will most likely be done faster through the online file manager.
Note: If the files were created by PHP, you must have the files chow'd first, otherwise you cannot chmod them in the file manager. To have the files chow'd, please send a request from the contact form.

3. I would like to add a cron job to my account. How can this be done?
A. Send a contact form request with the file and times you want it to run.

Htaccess Questions

1. Are we allowed to use .htaccess files?
A. Yes, you are allowed everything but Options in .htaccess files (unless HTAccess Override is set to all on your account. Check this page if you're not sure).

FTP Questions

1. What is the FTP Server/Port?
A. ftp.freepgs.com on Port 21

2. FTP isn't working for me. What should I do?
A. Make sure your FTP program isn't being blocked by your firewall. Also make sure that the server and port are correct.

MySQL Questions

1. I cannot log into phpMyAdmin with my Freepgs username/password
A. Use your MySQL username and password.

2. What is the MySQL Host?
A. You can check the MySQL host name you need to use from the "Manage Databases" link in the option panel. This will either be "localhost" or "mysql5.freepgs.com".

3. What is my MySQL username/password?
A. You have to create (Manage Databases link in the option panel) one to use one. You can also go there to find your user/password/database name.

PHP Questions

1.My PHP script doesn't work, it just returns php code.
A. Turn PHP on in the options panel. It's a link right at the top of thet main menu, or on the "Set Scripting Options" page. This may take up to 15 minutes to process.

2. My PHP script doesn't work, it just shows a blank page.
A. If you're on Freepgs, turn PHP error reporting on ("Set Scripting Options" in the options panel). If you're on Plesk, view this topic.

3. The mail() function doesn't work! Why not?
A. You must request that the mail() function be enabled on your account. Please use the contact form to do so.

This topic will be updated on a continual basis, so if you have any questions to add, Send me a PM.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

Ben

I've added and updated some questions. If you have any question you feel should be answered here, please PM me.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

GP™

Also the freepgs.com FAQ's page has been repaired.
http://faq.freepgs.com

Thanks..

admin

Regarding Account Removal:

Only FREE accounts will be removed.  If you paid a fee to start service, your account will not be removed.

To determine your account type, login to the Options panel (http://system.freepgs.com/options.php).
After you login you will see the following information at the top of the page

Options Panel - Main Menu

User: xxxxxx           Acct ID: xxxxx
Plan: Titanium Plan ID: 11 [Upgrade]
Email: xxxxx@xxxxx.xxx
PHP: Enabled  [Disable]
Allowed: 600 MB Used: 11.2 MB [1.9%]

If the "Plan" line says "FreePlus" or "NoCost", your account will be removed if not upgraded.  If it says anything else, the account will NOT be removed.

Upgrading your account is as easy as clicking the "Upgrade" link on the page next to "Plan ID".

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin