News:

LVCS.NET offers low cost domain registration services.

Main Menu

Service Shutdown

Started by admin, May 12, 2015, 09:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

We are no longer accepting new clients into the FreePgs service.

All future plans for setting up new servers have been cancelled.

Existing accounts will not be removed at this time, but further discussion will need to take place to determine how this will continue.

admin

Server Shutdown Notice:

west1.lvcs.net

If you are on this very old and outdated test server we created to test the use of the DirectAdmin panel (as a replacement to Plesk), it will be shut down in the near future.  We didn't get great feedback, so the signup choice was discontinued, but a few clients still remain on that system.

This server will be shutting down within the next 2 months.  Please make arrangements to move your content to one of our other servers.

Scorpion Illuminati

Quote from: admin on May 12, 2015, 09:00:59 PM
We are no longer accepting new clients into the FreePgs service.

All future plans for setting up new servers have been cancelled.

Existing accounts will not be removed at this time, but further discussion will need to take place to determine how this will continue.
I don't understand, why are you shutting down? Last i heard you were switching providers in some areas due to some people hacking into other peoples account and using the hacked account to spam. Freepgs is a great service and today is a sad day to see it get shutdown.

Sincerely,

Developer
Scorpion Illuminati - A retro rhythm game for the sega genesis!

admin

Please let me clarify the shutdown...

We are only shutting down the ability to create new accounts.  With the recent problems with LAX, we are doing a few upgrades that should improve performance.  The new Plesk 12.x releases now offer more functionality and security bringing it more inline with the cPanel offering, so we may still offer both platforms for those that prefer one or the other.  This will depend on how well it handles things.  There are some advantages with each panel and underlying platform.