News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

Script can't write files.

Started by Ren, April 07, 2008, 04:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren

I am having a problems with scripts being able to write files. I really don't' know how to explain it so here is what I am trying to do. I have a script for installing/upgrade skins for my site. When I run the script, it upgrades the skin sets but it isn't writing the skin files it needs to write.

I have an old computer I setup as a server so I can use it to learn php better. Anyway, I have Apache and php 5.2.5 installed on it. I set it all up on it and it writes the files for the skins, so I am assuming that I don't have something setup right for my domain in my plesk control panel or I need to send in a ticked and request something to be turned on.

I would be grateful for any help/advice anyone could give me.

Thanks,
Ren

brainiac744

You'll need to chmod the files that your PHP script needs to write to to a high enough level to allow it. If you're not sure what level they need to be set to, your best bet would probably be to come up with a list of files (or a directory) that PHP needs to write to, and send it in via the help desk in plesk.

Ren

Thanks for helping brainiac.

I figured it out. I had PHP in safe mode and it was stopping it from writing the new files i guess.

Ren