News:

The "Support Requests" forum is now viewable by guests.

Main Menu

What's with the database?

Started by Lady Ambrosia, September 10, 2007, 06:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ambrosia

I can't log into the database, although the Localhost database logs me in just fine, the MySql5 database won't.  I keep getting an error, stating that a string code is wrong   ???

Is this just a glitch and will pass or what?  Here's the error I keep getting when trying to log into a script from the admin side, although it works just fine on the user side:

QuoteThis script could not connect to MySQL and therefore has aborted.

And this is the error I get when trying to log into the database itself:

Quote#1135 - Can't create a new thread (errno 12); if you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug

So, yeah it's a bit strange *scratches head*

bonehead

I am also having database connection issues.

Lady Ambrosia

Yes, although my script is working...I just can't connect to the admin side, NOR can I use the database side, it's REALLY WEIRD LOL

outofexile

It has to be something on the freepgs side, my forum and my news system is down and they're on two different databases.

Lady Ambrosia

Oh okay, well everything is working now, so it must have been just a little glitch...it happens with computers LMBO

bonehead

Still going on, my site is down due to the database connection issue, I smell a user, site abuse...

zimmi88

My site is also experiencing similar errors, which is unfortunate because it means most of my site is inoperable. Does anyone know what is going on with the database server?

-mvyg

RHforum

I have "Could not connect to the Database" all the time now...
.total newbie -__-'.

zimmi88

Hmmm... my website just came back online. Maybe there's some sort of database server maitennance going on that's causing - or was causing - these problems?

Ah well, 'tis solved... for now. At least I think it's solved.

-mvyg

Lady Ambrosia

I'm not having anymore problems now, all is working fine :D

Bleh, could have been just a little glitch, computers and anything to do with computers like to have glitches just to keep us humans on our toes I think...Bill Gates has a weird sense of humor LMBO

carrollfamily

I run a wiki on my site and I can't get into it - similar error to the above -

(Can't contact the database server: Can't create a new thread (errno 12); if you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug (mysql5.freepgs.com))

... and I have just started to rebuild the wiki after the last big crash!

The plain html, non-interactive part of the site seems ok, just the wiki is busted.

Does Gordon or anyone know what's happening?

megawatt

Yeh, same problem here since a couple of days now. I guess this has to do with the MySQL server.

rhodri

not another crash PLEASE!

admins any details?

RHforum

There is something odd that I noticed: on Internet Explorer the site keep giving me the "Could not conect" message. But on Firefox it's working fine O_O
Anyone know if this is just a coincidence?
.total newbie -__-'.

megawatt

Must be a coincidence. Incidentally it works now, and for both firefox and IE.