News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

How you can help FreePgs.com

Started by GP™, September 22, 2006, 02:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GP™

Want to know how you can help freepgs.com, and help your self?
The anwser is simple...

Go through your account and delete what you don't need.
Delete unused mysql databases, and correct broken links.

All of this can help with system load, storage, and any other issues you may be having.

If every one deleted 1 megabyte of unused trash from there accounts, it would speed the server up, and offer room for growth.
If every one deleted that 1 database they don't use any more... Mysql searchs would speed up, and also offer more room for growth on the mysql servers..

If every one fixed just that one broken link, it would help with our server load and bandwidth!

Think about it... There are other simple ways you can help us out, but right theres a start!!

tangles

Quote from: gordon on September 22, 2006, 02:45:52 AM

If every one deleted that 1 database they don't use any more... Mysql searchs would speed up, and also offer more room for growth on the mysql servers..

thats a contradiction, delete them so you can make more .That wont fix anything if you just load it up again  ???.

Wouldnt it be better to limit how many per user.

Fixing errors will help, is there an error log that can be used ???

Evilsprouts

I think its a really good idea, I'm constantly cleaning up my files and database, my files are so organised the second I log on to FTP I know if something is there that shouldn't be.

It annoys me because I I'm an it technician at a school and we have the most state of the art servers but they are so bogged down with rubbish our 400GB backup tapes aren't big enough for user data, user profiles (cookies and temp files) take up over 20GB.

Just out of interest how much storage space does FreePgs have and how much is used?

So FreePgs users clean up your act lol.