News:

LVCS.NET offers low cost domain registration services.

Main Menu

Forum hacked?!

Started by mysticw2002, April 03, 2006, 04:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacek

The same situation here!!
To the administrator of freepgs.com:
please check the logs on a server and if you would find a way how could it happened..
So, what now...all of the users of freepgs.com should be aware or what to do?! ehh

chatake

both of my websites are hacked. both are using php (mambo actually)...

Maven

It's not just Freepgs, it's all over the net.
"The ability to combined wisdom and power has rarely been successful, and then only for a short time.
 - Albert Einstein"

GP™

The prick gained access via a perl script, or member services.
I'm taking down memserv until I can inspect all my script for security holes.

We can be luck this time it was only the index.php files, I don't think .html was effected by this attack.

Also, Memserv "Which is on the freepgs.com platform" was not effected, strange right.

taicomjp

index.html was effected by this attack

Ben

Actually gordon, it doesn't seem to be just .php or just .html or all of either of them. I have some index.php files that are fine, some index.html files that are fine, and some of both that were destroyed.

And to all who were hacked, and anyone else,  KEEP BACKUPS. It's a 5 minute fix if you have a backup.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

GP™

Indeed, I did lose one file, but... I do have a backup from yesterday, I was in the prossess of updating it..

Daniel

Quote from: gordon on April 03, 2006, 07:10:15 PM
Indeed, I did lose one file, but... I do have a backup from yesterday, I was in the prossess of updating it..

Do you update on the FreePgs server?

I always update locally on my hard drive (I have XAMPP installed so I can process PHP), and then upload to FreePgs when I'm done making changes.

GP™

The FreePgs.com files on memserv where not effected by the attack!

GP™