News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

Forum hacked?!

Started by mysticw2002, April 03, 2006, 04:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mysticw2002

http://www.freepgs.com/ephemeral/bma/

Judging by the tagline given, this site was recently hacked.  I'm not the admin there, but I am a member, and I am hoping something can be done about this, and soon.

Here's the tagline, if it helps.  'Fatal Error 2006 - bY: owz'

Please respond ASAP.

bekima

I have the same problem with my site, mate.

Seems this guy has been "nice" enough to only crash the "index.html" file, for now. But I would really like to see something done about this.

webzone (archived)

QuoteBut I would really like to see something done about this.

This is why all scripting languages (except PHP) are now disabled for everyone.

Maven

Yep, got hit here also. Hit all my index.php files in all folders... fun-fun
"The ability to combined wisdom and power has rarely been successful, and then only for a short time.
 - Albert Einstein"

mysticw2002

I have to wonder just how many sites got hit by this script kiddy, and if there's any way to track him/her down.  It takes a sad, sad individual to go after harmless forums.  I'd like to tear the person responsible a new one...  but that's just my fists talking.  Wonder how long it'll take the authorities to track them down, if they can...

webzone (archived)

Forums were not the only sites affected. My two accounts got hit: one had almost nothing on it and the other ran WordPress (blog).

mysticw2002

*nods to Webzone*  Sorry for leaving out the other sites, just using the one in my most recent experience for reference.  People like this make me question what little faith I had left in humanity.

Daedroth

Well this sucks! Any clue how to fix this?

DuckWaffle

Keep backups? Sh** happens, as we all know.

webzone (archived)

QuotePeople like this make me question what little faith I had left in humanity.

There will always be people to destroy other's work. That's sad, but unfortunately true.

Interesting: the hacked accounts here were just another target set by a group of a "defacement team". A Google search reveals tons of affected websites. A page in Google's cache even provides their email addresses.

QuoteWell this sucks! Any clue how to fix this?

Re-upload your index.php or index.htm file from your last backup.

Daedroth

Thanks for the speedy reply! It worked. Have a wonderful day.

x

i also know of someone's website hosted here that this has happened to

Joe

Looks like this bunch of morons have been busy 26196 defacements listed on zone-h.org

http://zone-h.org/defacements/filter/filter_defacer=Fatal%20Error

hybrid3y3

Quote from: webzone on April 03, 2006, 06:49:25 AM
QuoteBut I would really like to see something done about this.

This is why all scripting languages (except PHP) are now disabled for everyone.

And even with PHP enabled this still happened... the question is is there anyone on freepgs that didn't get affected? & how did these tossers carry out the attack? Is it a vulnerability on our individual sites? or is it a freepgs issue? Where was the point of entry?

Osprey

One of my accounts wasn't affected. The site itself was only HTML.

Another two "sites" (new sites i'm playing with) were not effected also and both used PHP and MYSQL on a seperate account. Not got any "Ownz" stuff here as far as i'm aware.